WAVE / DOWNWIND / FREERIDE
A lightweight and simple wing that packs down small, making it perfect for riders who travel and value a straightforward, very stable setup with incredible drifting abilities!
DUOTONE FOIL WING UNIT
The Unit is a wing that is perfect for waves, downwind and freeride. The team worked hard to create a shape that is incredibly stable when totally depowered, as when you’re using a wave’s energy and the wing is just flagging behind. One key element is maximum performance and smooth handling, even in strong and gusty conditions. When depowered, the lightweight construction guarantees a smooth drift, making surfing swell or waves so incredibly easy and comfortable. During floating before take-off, the Unit delivers plenty of power to get you up on the foil fast. The amazing maneuverability makes jibes, freestyle and cruising in waves absolutely effortless. An ergonomically shaped strut improves the overall handling and the EVA covered handles offer the best grip and comfort you could possibly wish for. The stiff leading edge, with both a firm Dacron material and an optimized diameter, is the best solution for optimum performance. Due to the clean, tight canopy with great trailing edge/leech tension, the Unit is a really solid construction with lots of power and stability, the big window ensures great vision and safety. Size 3.3 and 4 are equipped with 3 handles, holding the middle handle, the wing can be flown with only one hand which makes it amazing to fly in especially waves and downwinders. Size 5 and 6 are equipped with 4 handles, the 2nd handle counted from the front is balanced in a way it can be flown with one hand too. The two back handles are designed for the back hand.
The whole setup is designed for super easy rigging: just inflate and go, that’s it. It also packs down small and is perfect for taking on adventures. Don’t let the simplicity fool you though, the performance will impress. Whether you are wave riding, cruising downwind, or just starting your wing journey, the Unit has you covered. Balanced, easy to use, fast to set up and suitable for a wide range of disciplines the Unit is the wing to choose if you want the performance in a small package.
- LIGHTWEIGHT AND SIMPLE: ONE OF THE LIGHTEST WINGS ON THE MARKET, EASY TO RIG AND PACK, EASY TO USE.
- STEADY DRIFT WHEN DEPOWERED: WHEN THE POWER OF THE WING IS NOT NEEDED, IT’S EASY TO JUST FLAG OUT THE WING AND JUST SURF THE WAVE.
- EASY AND STABLE IN GUSTY CONDITIONS: EVEN IN GUSTY CONDITIONS THE UNIT IS LOADS OF FUN AS IT JUST ABSORBS THE PEAKS AND IS SIMPLY SO STABLE.
- ERGONOMICALLY SHAPED STRUT FOR BETTER HANDLING: THE ERGONOMICALLY SHAPED STRUT IS THE REASON FOR EFFORTLESS AND VERY NATURAL HANDLING OF THE WHOLE WING IN ANY SITUATION.
- EVA COVERED HANDLES FOR MAXIMUM GRIP AND COMFORT: BEST GRIP AND COMFORT IS THE KEY TO PERFORMANCE AND THE MOST FUN ON THE WATER, THAT’S WHY THE HANDLES ARE COVERED WITH SMOOTH AND DURABLE EVA.
- STIFF LEADING EDGE WITH BOTH FIRM CLOTH AND OPTIMAL DIAMETER: A KEY TO PERFORMANCE IS A RIGID SETUP, THERFORE THE STIFF LEADING EDGE WITH BOTH FIRM CLOTH AND OPTIMAL DIAMETER IS THE MAGIC COMBO.
PACKING SIZE UNIT: The whole setup is easy and fast to rig and packs down small, which makes it the perfect travel companion.
WING GEOMETRY UNIT: Very powerful profile that packs a lot of low-end grunt to get you going in lighter wind than other wings. The large diameter leading edge and center strut provide the structure and stiffness needed to pump and generate power in light wind. Optimized canopy tension makes the Unit low-drag with minimal flutter, ideal for luffing while surfing. The Unit is also incredibly roll-stable when held from the front handle.
CENTER STRUT: S-curved center strut to bring the front hand closer to the body, this ergonomic design makes it more comfortable to ride in general and offers a greater range of motion for enhanced wing control.
WEBBING HANDLES: Comfortable EVA covered webbing handles that are simple and lightweight, simply pump it up and go!
– Smaller sizes (4 and down) have a single handle for the front hand and two rear handles. The forward-most rear handle is ideal for getting yourself positioned when kneeling on the board or as a rear handle for smaller riders and can also be used to ride one-handed while you are foiling.
– Larger sizes (5 and up) offering two forward handles and two rear handles to give riders an even wider range of handling options in different wind conditions and for a wider range of rider sizes.
WINDOW: WINDOWS are super helpful and an important safety benefit, whether you‘re cruising around in traffic or surfing swells downwind.
SIZES: 3.3 – 04 – 05 – 06
|WINDRANGE||20 – 30 KTN||15 – 25 KTN||12 – 22 KTN||10 – 19 KTN|
|WEIGHT||1,71 KG||1,92 KG||2,33 KG||2,67 KG|
TRUE QUOTES DUOTONE UNIT:
“THE NEW UNIT IS THE MOST STABLE WING I HAVE EVER TRIED. ON FOIL DOWNWINDERS, YOU CAN GET ONTO A BUMP, HOLD IT BEHIND YOU AND ALMOST FORGET IT IS THERE. WHEN STAYING UPWIND AND DOING AIRS, IT DOESN’T FLAP IN THE WIND AND FEELS REALLY MANAGEABLE. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS NEW WING.”
“THE UNIT IS MY FAVORITE WING FOR SURFING WAVES AND DOWN WINDING. IT’S SUPER STABLE WHEN HELD BY THE FRONT HANDLE, IT ALSO HAS SOME SERIOUS LOW-END GRUNT. I GUESS I JUST LOVE THE SIMPLICITY, POWER AND STABILITY OF THE UNIT, SO IT’S THE PERFECT WING FOR MY STYLE.”
“THE UNIT IS INCREDIBLY STABLE IN THE WIND. IT HOLDS THE AIR. FOR JUMPS, IT HAS AMAZING HANG TIME ALLOWING ME TO GO HIGHER AND FARTHER THAN EVER BEFORE. FOR DOWNWINDING, SURFING THE SWELL HAS NEVER BEEN MORE FUN AND EASY.”
“THE UNIT IS DESIGNED WITH SIMPLICITY, SURFING AND DOWNWINDERS IN MIND. IT’S AMONGST THE MOST POWERFUL WINGS I’VE TRIED AND YOU CAN EASILY RIDE A SIZE SMALLER THAN YOU USUALLY WOULD – WHICH ALLOWS SURFING THE SWELL WITH MINIMAL WING SIZE, BUT WITH INSTANT AND DIRECT GRUNT WHEN YOU NEED IT.”